Monday 2 February 2009

Unknown Pleasures

Mr Pew, my chaperone, for many years had a special friend. He lived with his friend, Denis, in a small flat which they shared with various hamsters - most notably one called Mr Joshua.

Denis died not long ago. However a few years ago the Pewster and Denis went to a small Jazz club in Hunslet. They were convinced that they saw Tough forward 2 Bobs Roberts playing the spoons AND Danny Brough giving a poetry recital. I once heard him recite "This be the Verse" by Philip Larkin. It was deeply moving.

It got me thinking about the unknown talents of players of the Greatest Game. I have been told that Sean Long is brilliant at Crocodile Dentist. That Dean Widders is unbeatable at Twister and Tony Smith can do a superb Freddy 'Parrot - Face' Davies impression. I was told that Richard Lewis and Nigel Wood do an uncanny 'Laurel and Hardy' routine at parties. I personally do not believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment